I’ve been around the tech scene for two decades and in that time have delivered much that I’m proud of. The following lists a few key highlights:
- have worked on web products for Google, Virgin, Red Bull, Disney & YouTube
[ Python. PHP. During my time as a lead at https://www.rehabagency.ai/work ]shipping apps that seen millions of users in their first week of deployment, featuring on the google.com homepage (under the search bar)
- developed a custom query language, TQL (an OpenCypher variant), and a custom underlying database (hybrid of graph and relational) which resulted in the acquisition of the company
[ Java. Golang. ANTLR. Titan. Neo4J ]
- lead development for a graph orchestration framework used to execute AI workloads (primarily Computer Vision & Genomics). We built the company and sold it in less than a year.
[ C++. Python ]
- added support into the Terraform AWS provider for shipping keys to ACM
[ Golang ]
- developed an orchestration framework for researchers in AI to schedule workloads
[ Python. Terraform. AWS. On-prem (Nvidia DGX's). QEMU. Libvirt ]
- customised redhat’s Clair product so that it could use internal sources for its vulnerability databases
[ Golang ]allowing a large bank to use it in airgapped environments.
- developed a compliance tool which detects packages for Python, Ruby, R, APT, Yum, APK and assesses their licenses
[ Shell ]. This replaced the need for BlackDuck saving the company a lot of money.
- developed a chatbot which used a large car forum database, bayes theorum and more regular expressions than you can shake a stick at to allow users to talk to cars. in 3 weeks!
[ PHP, Postgres ]
- built a security tool “amald” which alerts on the event that an endpoint is without authentication. decreased companies time-to-detection for auth misconfigurations
[ Golang ]
- developed an image delivery service for a very large org (30k+ engineers) which hardened VM images for AWS and a private cloud
[ AWS. Python. Bash/Shell. OpenStack ]
- design and build out of various deployment infrastructure
[ Kubernetes. Mesos. Marathon. Docker-compose. ]
- developed a Jira plugin which extended JQL (jira query language) to allow grouping by “roles”
[ Java ]
- competed in various hackathons and code jams
[ Hacktoberfest. Ludum Dare. Google CTF ]
- mentored many amazing engineers over the years from Junior to Staff
- spoken at various conferences in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the U.S on docker, prometheus, bash, terraform, aws, automation, python, golang etc
- in my early web years I co-founded an award winning web development company (31interactive)